Thursday, June 18, 2009

Here we go...

So... I thought it might be fun to start a blog. Everyone else seems to be doing at the moment anyway and who am I but a sheep!

Well from the title you can probably guess that this one is going to be about languages, language learning and my journey/experiences. One day I hope to be able to communicate in multiple languages, hence, possible polyglot.

Currently I am taking German papers at university and learning Russian through Lingq (www.lingq.com). I'd say I'm not quite a beginner in German, however I'm still not very proficient either. Russian... well that's a different. I'm starting from scratch using Lingq system and of course the helpful tutors.

I'm really not very good with goals but I guess I should put some down. At the moment my focus is on Russian but when I start working on German again, I don't know (probably when B semester starts).
Anyway, after about 2 months I'm hoping that my mouth will be used to the strange (from an English speaker perspective) consonant clusters in Russian and after 6 months I will be at least at a Beginner II level... that's the plan anyway. Maybe after a year or so I might be writing this in Russian or German, we'll see about that :D. For the moment I will just have to rant in English....

No comments:

Post a Comment